“Getting Kids Home Safely”
Parent Agreement Form
The Following is an agreement to the financial and operational policies of Taxi Mom. Policies are subject to change at management’s discretion upon written notice.
This is an agreement between Taxi Mom, LLC (“Taxi Mom”) and the parent(s) who have signed below. Under this agreement you agree to pay Taxi Mom to transport your child to and from school in accordance with the terms provided in this agreement.
1. Fees. Weekly and Bi-weekly Fees are due and payable at the beginning of each school week (Monday). Payments can be made via online, cash, check, or money order. If a school holiday falls on a Monday, please note that payments will be due in the form of cash, money order or a post-dated check on the Friday before the holiday! Online payments can still be made on Mondays. ________(Initials)
If Fees are not paid Monday by 6pm CST, a late Fee of $10/day per day will be added.______(Initials) Failure to stay current in your child’s Fees may result in the loss of your child’s place with Taxi Mom and will constitute a default which will entitle Taxi Mom to all remedies as prescribed by law, including reasonable attorney’s fees. There is a $35.00 return check fee and once we receive two returned checks, your account will go to a cash only method. It is imperative that you contact us if you run into a problem with payment. ________(Initials)
Monthly Fees: Taxi Mom bills every 4 weeks based on the calendar month. Please note that there are 5 weeks in a month but we will stay consistent with billing 4 weeks at a time. A due date will appear on your bill and an email reminder will be sent for your upcoming month’s services.
2. ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS: In addition to your weekly tuition, if your child is in extra-curricular activities such as basketball, tennis, football, band or any other programs the schools have to offer, please be prepared to pay an additional $10.00 per day. ______(Initials)
**NOTE** If you are a regular weekly rider, whether your child rides zero days or five days out of the week, you must pay your weekly rate in order to continue having a space for your child and avoid the daily late fee of $10.00 per day! _______(Intials)
Winter Break: Please note that we will extend the 2 weeks off without a payment due. Spring Break and Thanksgiving Break: This week will need to be paid as a regular week. (No exceptions) Please refer to our FAQ tab on our website for any answers regarding payment.
At the end of the school year, a $25.00 reservation fee is required to hold a spot for your child for the new school year.
3. RULES OF SAFETY ON THE VANS. Seat belts MUST be worn at all times. NO STANDING is allowed on the shuttles when in operation. For the passenger’s safety, the driver MUST be obeyed during pick up, transport, and delivery. You agree that Taxi Mom will not be legally responsible for any injuries in the case of an accident if you or your child is injured due to failure to wear a seat belt, remove a seat belt, or is standing at the time of an accident. Seats may be assigned, if necessary. Inappropriate behavior is unacceptable. Fighting, arguing or physical contact with other passengers will NOT be tolerated. We reserve the right to terminate shuttle rides for disruptive children. (This also applies to parents.)
4. SPECIAL NEEDS. Please specify any medical condition or special requirements for your child. We will attempt to accommodate your child’s needs. If we are not able to do so to our mutual satisfaction this agreement will terminate.
5. ADDITIONAL RIDERS: From time to time our riders want a friend to ride with us and this can cause a problem if we don’t know in advance due to space. In order to accommodate your kids, we must have a call in advance from the parent and an additional fee of $10.00 will be charged to your account. The rules of safety on the vans apply to additional riders as well. Please note that there is a new law regarding the transportation of children between the ages of 4 and 8, if your child weighs less than 80 pounds and is not age 8 or is not 4’9 in height, a booster seat is required. It is the responsibility of the parent to provide us with a booster seat.
In signing this Agreement, you acknowledge that you understand that there is risk involved in the transportation of your child. Taxi Mom will use its best efforts to transport your child(ren) safely. By signing this form you are releasing Taxi Mom from any and all claims debts, damages, costs, demands, liabilities, suits, judgments, and causes of action of whatever kind or nature, whether known or unknown, vested or contingent, suspected or unsuspected and waiving your right to sue us except in the case of gross negligence on the part of Taxi Mom. If there is a dispute between us you agree that the venue and forum for the resolution of the dispute will be in the appropriate court in Collin County Texas.
6. ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND OTHER PERSONAL EFFECTS: Taxi Mom is not responsible for lost or stolen devices or other personal effects left in the vehicle. Please notify us immediately if your child has left his/her item in the vehicle and we will use our best efforts to find and return the item the following day.
7. MORNING PICK UP: When the child is picked up in the morning hours, we will have our staff use their best efforts to oversee that the child locks the door on their way out of the house and we ensure a safe and timely arrival to school. Our drivers will wait approximately 2 minutes for your child, if your child is not ready, our driver will leave to finish their route. We will come back around to pick your child up after our routes are completed and an additional fee of $10 will be added to your account. It is important that your child be ready in order to get to school on time. If for any reason your child cannot ride on any particular morning, please call us one hour before your pick up time. Failure to communicate with us after the second time will incur an additional fee of $10 each time.
8. AFTERNOON PICK UP: Our drivers work with each school for location of pick up. All riders will be waiting together to get on the vehicle. Elementary schools are normally picked up in the daycare line. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify their school that their child will be riding Taxi Mom.
Junior High and High School students need to be ready in the front of the school. We will determine a location in front of the school during the first week. We will wait 10 minutes after the first bell. If your child is not ready, we will leave to finish our route and come back around after our route is complete and an additional fee of $10 will be added to your account. If for any reason your child will be staying after school for tutoring or practice of some sort, please notify us so that we can be back at the school to pick them up. We ask that if your child becomes sick at school, please notify us one hour before school is out.
9. HOURS OF OPERATION: Taxi Mom runs Monday through Friday, August through June, between the hours of 6:25 am to 6:00 pm. We will be closed at least for the following holidays: School Holidays, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, New Year's Day, and Memorial Day. Contact Taxi Mom for exact dates of holidays and any additional closings. No portion of your weekly payment or outstanding fees will be refunded or cancelled in the event of absence, sickness, holiday, school closings, or cancellation of this agreement with Taxi Mom.
10. TERMINATION OF SERVICES: You can terminate this agreement at any time after giving us a two week notice. If you do not give us the two week notice a $25.00 termination fee will be payable in addition to the balance of your account, including one (1) full week of tuition (example: If you pay $35.00 per week and do not give us a notice, your payment will consist of $35 plus $25.00 to clear your account).
11. INCLEMENT WEATHER: We will continue running our service based on each district’s announcements regarding inclement weather.
If you agree with the terms of this agreement, please sign below and return to Taxi Mom before services begin.
Parent or Guardian Name/ DL # (Print):___________________________________________________________________
I/We have reviewed the Taxi Mom Parent Agreement and understand and agree to the terms of enrollment
Signature & Date:________________________________________________________________________
Taxi Mom, LLC
Yolanda Stevenson, Member